Keeping healthy and fit is important, so we understand the urgency you might have to ensure that your moving equipment gets to your new home in one piece. Moving your home gym is challenging, whether it’s as simple as a yoga mat or as complicated as a treadmill or heavy dumbbells. Move your workout equipment the right way by using some of these tips!
Prepare, Check & Clean
Make sure to properly sanitize all your workout equipment. This step is essential before you begin packing. You don’t want bacteria from your old workout space to enter your new one. Wipe down all yoga mats and workout equipment with a paper towel and all-purpose cleaner. Focus on cleansing the handrails and surfaces on your treadmill, bike and other weight machines.
Packing Yoga Equipment
Begin packing your gym equipment by starting with the smaller items such as yoga mats and other accessories including blocks and towels. Use a box that’s big enough to hold all your yoga equipment together. Pack your yoga mat by rolling it and securing the strap, then place it in the box and add all additional small accessories. Fill the empty space with packing paper.
Moving Dumbbells & Hand Weights
The only way you will successfully move heavier weight equipment is by ensuring that your boxes are strong enough. Use small moving boxes to move weights. If you use a box that’s too big and fill it with too much equipment, it will likely break open. Plastic bins are the most suitable option when considering moving this heavy weight. Pack the weights by wrapping them in bubble wrap or newspaper. Next, fill the box with blankets or towels to prevent the weights from moving. Finally, be considerate of how heavy you want the box to be. We suggest packing a maximum of 4 small weights per box.
Moving the Treadmill, Elliptical or Stationary Bike
- Keep the incline on 0 and remove safety key
- Turn machine off before you unplug it from the wall
- Raise the walking deck and make it fold against the console to click it into place
- Insert locking pin or tighten the knob to secure walking deck
- Wrap the machine with moving blankets for protection
- Unplug the equipment and unscrew all the parts including handlebars, pedals and console
- Pack each part separately with moving blankets and label them. Try packing them in the original packing or use large moving boxes
- Unplug the cords and store them in a secure place. Label the cords so you remember where they belong
- Wrap the bike in a moving blanket
- Place cardboard, furniture sliders or towels underneath the bike to protect your floors
Contact Armando Movers
Our family owned and operated business has been providing our loyal client base with friendly, efficient, experienced, and professional movers who promptly and carefully prepare all necessary trucks, tools, and packages needed to ensure your move is kept on schedule. Thanks to our impeccable moving services, we have earned a solid reputation through hard work, dedication, and commitment to customer satisfaction. Contact Armando Movers for all of your moving needs today!