Do you feel that you have a good handle on all of your items and belongings, and feel confident that you can move on your own? There are several reasons why an individual may want to consider self-moving as an option. There can be advantages and disadvantages to self-moving over hiring a professional moving service.
Advantages for Self-Moving
- Renting a moving truck can be cheaper for a short move. Most companies charge per hour, so it may more affordable for you to rent a truck if you only need it for a little while.
- You can keep an inventory of all of your items and belongings. When you move on your own, everything passes through your hands. That way, you can keep better track of where everything is at all times.
- You can save a lot of money moving yourself. Some individuals can save 50% of their budget by moving on their own and avoiding a moving company.
Disadvantages of Self-Moving
While a do-it-yourself move has its advantages and can be more affordable, there can also be a lot of disadvantages. Moving companies exist for a reason, and they are here to help make your move easy and seamless. Here are some disadvantages of self-moving:
- You may not have the experience or the ability to move your large and fragile pieces of furniture. Professional movers are trained and can work safely to move your furniture.
- You may need to store your items, or make multiple trips in your single moving truck. A professional moving company can offer storage, transportation, safety, and insurance measures to ensure that your items will be delivered all at once.
- If you aren’t well versed on how to load a truck, items may shift around and become broken or damaged.
The Decision Is Yours
Whether you decide to go with a self-move or hire a professional company, the decision is yours. If you’re looking to hire a moving company that you can depend on, contact Armando Movers today! We’re available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, and look forward to helping you with your next move. (416) 535-1876