You’ve packed, planned, and hired the movers, and you’re ready to move. However, Mother Nature can throw even the best-planned move into a bit of chaos. The weather is often unpredictable, so if you find yourself having to move in the rain, there are some things you can do to be prepared.
The first step to prepare for a rainy day move is to check the weather forecast a few days before. Although you can’t control the weather, you can control how you deal with it.
In case your big move is scheduled to happen on a rainy day, here’s what you need to do:
- Use Garbage Bags Protect your belongings by placing them in garbage bags.
- Wrap all your furniture Wrap larger furniture such as mattresses, shelves, and sofas, to keep them dry and clean. Use heavy blankets and sheets to protect wood furniture.
- Prioritize your safety Place old sheets or cardboard on the floor in order to prevent accidentally slipping on a wet floor.
- Choose the right boxes Use plastic boxes instead of cardboard boxes. This will guarantee that the contents of the box will remain dry.
- Park as close as possible Make sure you park as close as possible. Your belongings won’t get as wet if you only have to carry them a short distance in the rain.
- Be careful with the ramp A slippery loading ramp can be one of the most hazardous parts of moving in the rain.
- Wear the right clothes A rain jacket and proper footwear will not only keep you dry but will also help you avoid accidents.
It’s important to think about all aspects of your move. Just because it’s raining, doesn’t mean you have to reschedule your moving date. By following the above tips, you can go through with your rainy move without any problems.
Unpredictable weather is a main reason why many people choose to hire a professional moving company. Contact us today at Armando Movers, and we will help you with your move, no matter the weather. Call us: (416) 656-1876.