Moving is stressful for everyone in the family, but even more so for your pets. Animals are very intuitive when it comes to changes so pets often will need extra attention to comfort them during a move.
Armando Movers understands the stress moving has on your pets.
Here are some tips to help make the experience a little bit calmer for your companion:
1. Prepare a kit for your pets that includes enough food, toys, etc. to keep them comfortable for the first few days at the new home.
2. If you’re moving to a new city, you want to make sure you transfer the records from your previous vet to the new vet.
3. During the actual move, keep your pets in a quiet area of the house, away from the noise. It is best to keep them in a kennel so they don’t get in your way or in the mover’s way.
4. When it’s time to go, make sure your pets are travelling with you. Place them in the backseat of your car, but make sure they’re comfortable.
5. Set up your home before you introduce your pets to the new home. Be sure to give them lots of attention to make sure they’re comfortable.
6. Once you’re in your new home, give your pets some time to settle in. They will require some time to slowly adjust to the change of environment.
7. The most important thing is to make sure to update your pet’s identification tag with the updated address.
Moving with pets can be tricky, but with a little preparation, you can ease them into the process and make the move as stress-free as possible.
If you’re planning on moving, call Armando Movers at (416) 656-1876.